Terms and Conditions
When using the website of the Fourth Universalist Society in the City of New York, you agree to the terms and conditions listed on this page (the “Terms of Service Agreement”), which may be updated by us from time to time.
4thu.org may provide, and third parties may provide, links to other websites or resources. Because the Fourth Universalist Society has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that the Fourth Universalist Society is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources. You also acknowledge and agree that the Fourth Universalist Society does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such websites or resources.
You further acknowledge and agree that the Fourth Universalist Society shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content, goods or services available on or through any non-Fourth Universalist Society website or resource.
You agree not to: (1) modify 4thu.org, (2) publish, display, disclose, rent, lease, modify, loan, distribute, or create derivative works based on 4thu.org or its documentation or any part thereof without the express written permission of the Fourth Universalist Society, (3) remove, obliterate, or cancel from view any copyright, trademark, confidentiality or other proprietary notice, mark or legend appearing on 4thu.org, (4) reverse engineer, decompile, translate, adapt or dissemble 4thu.org, nor shall you attempt to create the source code from the object code for 4thu.org without the express written permission of the Fourth Universalist Society, or (5) assign the license for the Service.
All materials posted on this site, unless otherwise identified, are owned by the Fourth Universalist Society and subject to copyright.
The names, trademarks, service marks, and logos of the Fourth Universalist Society appearing on this site may not be used in any advertising or publicity without our prior express written permission. Email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Fourth Universalist Society attempts to maintain the highest accuracy of content on its website. Any errors or omissions should be reported to email@example.com.
Web addresses at our site may change periodically because information has been moved, deleted, or reorganized. When this occurs, the old addresses are no longer accurate. When you use an old address, you will get a Page Not Found (404) screen. It will provide you with several ways of finding out about the missing page, such as contacting the Fourth Universalist Society administrative staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Other Websites
This website contains hyperlinks to websites operated by parties other than the Fourth Universalist Society. These external hyperlinks are provided for your reference only. The Fourth Universalist Society does not control such websites and is not responsible for their contents. The inclusion of hyperlinks to other websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on these websites or any association with their operators. Please let us know about existing external links which you believe are inappropriate and about specific additional external links which you believe ought to be included.
Mobile Messaging Terms and Conditions
Last updated: 8/22/2023
- Program Description: We may send promotional and transactional mobile messages in various formats through the Program. Promotional messages advertise and promote our events and services and may include reminders to attend an event. Transactional messages relate to an existing or ongoing transaction and may include donation notifications and updates, reminders about pledging and donating, and other transaction-related information. Mobile messages may be sent using an automated technology, including an autodialer, automated system, or automatic telephone dialing system. Message frequency will vary. You agree that we, our affiliates, and any third-party service providers may send you messages regarding the foregoing topics or any topic and that such messages and/or calls may be made or placed using different telephone numbers or short codes. We do not charge for mobile messages sent through the Program but you are responsible for any message and data rates imposed by your mobile provider, as standard data and message rates may apply for SMS and MMS alerts.
- User Opt-In: By providing your mobile phone number to us, you are voluntarily opting in to the Program and you agree to receive recurring mobile messages from us at the mobile phone number associated with your opt-in, even if such number is registered on any state or federal “Do Not Call” list. You agree that any mobile phone number you provide to us is a valid mobile phone number of which you are the owner or authorized user. If you change your mobile phone number or are no longer the owner or authorized user of the mobile phone number, you agree to promptly notify us at email@example.com or 212-595-1658. Your participation in the Program is not required to make any purchase from us and your participation in the Program is completely voluntary.
- User Opt-Out and Support: You may opt-out of the Program at any time. If you wish to opt out of the Program and stop receiving mobile messages from us, or you no longer agree to these Mobile Messaging Terms, reply STOP, QUIT, CANCEL, OPT-OUT, and/or UNSUBSCRIBE to any mobile message from us. You may continue to receive text messages for a short period while we process your request and you may receive a one-time opt-out confirmation message. You understand and agree that the foregoing is the only reasonable method of opting out. For support, reply HELP to any mobile message from us.
Our mobile messaging platform may not recognize requests that modify the foregoing commands, and you agree that we and our service providers will not be liable for failing to honor requests that do not comply with the requirements in these Mobile Messaging Terms. We may also change the telephone number or short code we use to operate the Program and we will notify you of any such change. You acknowledge that any requests sent to a telephone number or short code that has been changed may not be received by us and we will not be responsible for failing to honor a request sent to a telephone number or short code that has been changed.
- Disclaimer of Warranty and Liability: The Program is offered on an “as-is” basis and may not be available in all areas, at all times, or on all mobile providers. You agree that neither we nor our service providers will be liable for any failed, delayed, or misdirected delivery of any mobile message or information sent through the Program.
- Modifications: We may modify or cancel the Program or any of its features at any time, with or without notice. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may also modify these Mobile Messaging Terms at any time. Any such modification will take effect when it is posted to our website. You agree to review these Mobile Messaging Terms periodically to ensure that you are aware of any modifications. Your continued participation in the Program will constitute your acceptance of those modifications.