The Environmental Justice Team
At Fourth Universalist we are deeply committed to environmental sustainability, confronting systems that perpetuate and profit from environmental racism, and partnering with people who are directly affected by the climate collapse. As Unitarian Universalists, we live with an awareness of our climate crisis and the deep environmental injustices of our time. We are grounded in Unitarian Universalist’s 7th Principle: “Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.”
Our work is lead by our Environmental Justice Team, who can be reached at email@example.com. If you have any questions or would like to get involved, we’d love to hear from you.
Join us on Tuesday, December 7 at 7pm ET on Zoom for a panel discussion about the Climate Crisis, the urgency for action, and how we can begin to make important changes.
ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE GOALS
- Educate: Share information with the congregation and others about environmental racism, climate change, food justice, plastic waste, and sustainability.
- Direct action: Organize the environmental justice community around marches, phone banking, letter writing, and other direct actions.
- Partnerships: Collaborate with marginalized communities who are hit first and hardest by environmental crises.
- Institutional change: Work with Fourth Universalist leadership and membership to create lasting, measurable impact on the congregation’s sustainability efforts.
ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE INITIATIVES
- Break Free From Plastic Pollution
- Food Justice Month
- Plastics Challenge
- Composting and Recycling
- 2019 NYC Climate Strike
As Unitarian Universalists, we live with an awareness of our climate crisis and the deep environmental injustices of our time. We are grounded in Unitarian Universalist’s 7th principle: “Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.”
If you would like to get involved in these efforts, we invite you to contact our Environmental Justice Team by filling out this short form. We look forward to being in touch!