Job Description for Fourth Universalist part time Office Assistant
Fourth Universalist is an equal opportunity employer and abides by the Unitarian Universalist Association Fair Compensation Guidelines. Compensation for this position is $15/hr, the expected time commitment is 15 hours per week. Below is the job description for the part time Office Assistant.
Reports to: Director of Administration
Status: Part time (15 hrs/wk)
FLSA: Non exempt
Job Summary: The individual in this position provides administrative support in carrying out the operational responsibilities of the Church Office. The successful candidates carries out these functions while helping to provide a cheerful and organized atmosphere for all who enter or contact Fourth Universalist Society, meeting the needs of staff, guests, volunteers, and congregants with care and discretion.
• Warmly greeting persons with a friendly, courteous and helpful attitude; providing pertinent and appropriate information to callers and/or visitors
• Prepare and produce weekly email newsletter, order of service and other special service bulletins or programs and promotional material as assigned.
• Establish a routine of social media postings in collaboration with Director of Administration and Senior Minister.
• In collaboration with Director of Administration post updates on congregational website and help keep website current.
• Help maintain paper filing system and electronic filing system.
• Assist with maintaining Church Calendar; including scheduling of ministry meetings/events and posting events on church website calendar.
• Routine banking.
• Provide Office coverage when the Director of Administration is absent or unavailable.
• Monitor and maintain office supplies.
• Check and distribute incoming mail.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Have a minimum of 2 years of experience in an office assistant role.
• Have strong clerical skills to include: Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Word and Excel; Proficiency with desktop publishing, Facebook and/or web page skill a plus.
• Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task.
• Have effective verbal, writing and editorial skills (proficient in English).
• Have a caring attitude, excellent people skills, high integrity and exercise strict discretion and confidentiality
• Ability to occasionally lift 30 – 40lbs.
• Work involves standing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting/turning and reaching, bending at the waist.
• Must be able to perceive the nature of sound, utilize near and far vision, depth perception, provide oral information, and possess the manual dexterity to handle and work with various materials and objects which are essential aspects of this position.
Mission Ownership: Demonstrates understanding and full support of Fourth Universalist Society’s mission, vision, values and beliefs of the congregation. Provides support to ministers, staff, and congregation in following the mission.
Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work with others and follow clear instructions. Demonstrates interest, skill and success in supporting team environments, engages people positively, with a demeanor of optimism, invitation and abundance.
Motivation: Displays energy and enthusiasm in approaching the job. Commits to putting in additional effort. Maintains high level of productivity and self-direction.
Reliability: Takes personal responsibility for job performance. Completes work in a timely and consistent manner. Sticks to commitments.
Communication: Expresses ideas effectively. Organizes and delivers information appropriately. Listens actively.
Integrity: Shares complete and accurate information. Maintains confidentiality and meets own commitments. Adheres to organizational policies and procedures.
How to apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to Sheila Powers, Director of Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until July 31st.
We are an equal opportunity employer and abide by UUA Fair Compensation Guidelines. People with disabilities, people of color, Hispanic/Latinx, and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply