Welcome to Religious Education at Fourth Universalist!
Below are some helpful details about what to expect on Sunday mornings if you have children ages 3 – Kindergarten. For more in-depth information about the nature and goals of our program, as well as our philosophy of religious education, check out our overview page here. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions (we are available by email at email@example.com). We hope to see you soon!
Upper Elementary is for students grades 4-6:
- In the Upper Elementary class, which is based on the Unitarian Universalist approved curriculum “Windows and Mirrors,” students build a warm space of learning, ritual, and diversity. Lessons focus on understanding ourselves and our place in the world around us.
- Please sign in your student(s) and make sure they get a nametag at the Religious Education Table near the entrance before the service begins.
- Early in the service, students are invited to the front of the sanctuary for a story during A Time for All Ages, and then they are sung out and led to their respective Religious Education classrooms.
- After the service, at 12:15, students are brought back up to the sanctuary to reunite with their parents. Please make sure to sign out your students. (Youth do not require a parent/guardian sign-out.)
- You may drop your students off for Guided Play in the Gym from 12:45-2:00 PM if you wish. Again, please sign your student in and out.
If you are new to Fourth Universalist and would like more information, if you would like to join our teaching team, or if you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out to Ember Kelly, our Director of Religious Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org.