Chalice Children (Pre-K and K)
Welcome to Religious Education at Fourth Universalist!
Below are some helpful details about what to expect on Sunday mornings if you have children ages 3 – Kindergarten. For more in-depth information about the nature and goals of our program, as well as our philosophy of religious education, check out our overview page here. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions (we are available by email at firstname.lastname@example.org). We hope to see you soon!
Chalice Children is for students ages 3-Kindergarten:
- In this class, which is based on the UUA “Chalice Children” curriculum, students are encouraged to play, sing, move, and express their feelings. They listen to stories, ask and answer questions, and engage with concepts like church, the chalice, and major holidays under the guidance of Colin Wulff, our Head of Chalice Children Ministry.
- Please sign in your student(s) and make sure they get a nametag at the Religious Education Table near the entrance before the service begins.
- Early in the service, students are invited to the front of the sanctuary for a story during A Time for All Ages, and then they are sung out and led to their respective Religious Education classrooms.
- After the service, at 12:15, students are brought back up to the sanctuary to reunite with their parents. Please make sure to sign out your students. (Youth do not require a parent/guardian sign-out.)
- You may drop your students off for Guided Play in the Gym from 12:45-2:00 PM if you wish. Again, please sign your student in and out.
If you are new to Fourth Universalist and would like more information, if you would like to join our teaching team, or if you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out to DJ Cashmere, our Director of Religious Education, at email@example.com.